Application Deadline: January 27, 2020
Language: Fluency in both English and French required
About the Institute
The Canadian Institute for Climate Choices is an unparalleled collaboration among more than 50 experts from across the country.
We produce rigorous and independent research, analysis and insight to bring clarity to the climate challenges and transformative policy choices ahead for Canada.
The Canadian Institute for Climate Choices aims to support a more integrated approach to developing climate solutions and establish a strong foundation for decision-making by:
- Producing rigorous research, original analysis and evidence-based insight
- Engaging extensively with experts, business leaders, policy makers, thought leaders and Canadians to convene constructive discussions about the choices and tradeoffs ahead
- Cultivating a national network of experts from a range of disciplines to share advice and recommendations on developing integrated policy solutions
- Sharing evidence, case studies and scalable solutions from leading Canadian cities, regions, industry leaders, and others
In addition to filling critical gaps in policy research, we aim to expand the national conversation on climate change to include a greater diversity of voices who can make an important contribution and offer fresh perspectives on climate change impacts and solutions.
We are seeking a highly creative, energetic and collaborative engagement specialist committed to building the Institute’s capacity to realize its mission. Reporting to the Director of Engagement and working closely with the Engagement Manager and our research team, the Engagement Advisor is responsible for building and managing relationships with key stakeholders, with a specific focus on industry and business. The Engagement Advisor will also support ongoing measurement of our engagement efforts and impact, and provide effective analysis and advice on novel and effective engagement approaches.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- At least two years’ work experience in stakeholder engagement related to sustainability, engaging diverse communities and building partnerships to achieve social change.
- Specific experience and/or expertise in working with industry and business on climate change issues and interests, and knowledge of effective approaches to engaging this stakeholder group.
- A university degree related to public administration, climate change and environmental policy, stakeholder engagement, business and sustainability, or similar areas.
- A demonstrated commitment to the Institute’s mission and mandate.
- Familiarity with effective and novel engagement approaches appropriate for diverse audiences.
- Familiarity with climate change policy issues, challenges and influencers in Canada — including adaptation, mitigation and clean growth.
- Knowledge of federal, provincial, territorial and municipal roles and responsibilities related to climate change mitigation, adaptation and clean growth.
- Experience organizing, moderating and facilitating strategic discussions, events and workshops across sectors, cultures, disciplines and belief systems. Familiarity with virtual engagement tools would be an asset.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Fluent writing and speaking in English and French.
- Work is done in a virtual environment with Institute staff located across the country.
- The role is a full-time salaried position with occasional travel.
- Salary is competitive and will be based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
- Send one PDF file including a cover letter and resume outlining your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Canadian Institute for Climate Choices is committed to being an inclusive and equal-opportunity employer that cultivates and celebrates diversity within our hiring practices and organizational culture.
- We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.