Be part of a dynamic team advancing impactful and effective climate policy across Canada.
Welcome to the Canadian Climate Institute
As the brain power behind Canada’s leading non-partisan climate policy research organization, our dedicated team of professionals brings clarity to the most complex challenge of our times.
The Climate Institute’s supportive, flexible, and vibrant work culture allows our staff to focus on what they do best: effect real change by equipping policy makers and thought leaders with the evidence they need to develop and implement powerful and practical climate change solutions.
Our staff enjoy annual professional development opportunities, fully remote and flexible work, in-person team retreats across Canada, and benefit and RRSP plans.
The Canadian Climate Institute is committed to advancing justice and equity in our organization, our work, and our hiring practices. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, 2SLGBTQIA+, and persons with disabilities and are working to create an inclusive culture that supports collective growth, learning/unlearning, and meaningful work. We value diverse perspectives and will consider relevant life experience alongside professional qualifications when reviewing applications.
What we offer (full-time employees)
- The opportunity to do meaningful work with a dynamic, highly committed team located across the country
- A flexible, virtual workplace with funds to cover home-office set-up or coworking space
- Four weeks’ paid vacation plus federal stat holidays and additional paid days off at year-end
- Employer-paid health care benefits, Employee Assistance Program, half-day Fridays in the summer, and 6 weeks paid parental leave in addition to EI among other employee supports
- The option to substitute statutory religious holidays for religious holidays you observe
- An RRSP contribution plan available to staff after one year
- Funding for professional development, skills training, and participation in conferences