Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience
Location: Anywhere in Canada
The Executive Assistant will provide a high level of administrative and organizational services and support to the Executive Team. In this role, you will work independently utilizing business knowledge, experience, and administrative expertise to deliver value and support the contributions of the Executive Team. This role is privy to senior leadership matters, communications, correspondence, documents, and decision items and is required to exercise a high level of confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy, and sound judgement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintains the Executive Team’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings and conference calls across time zones,
- Reviews and processes reimbursements, expense reports, and other expense claims,
- Schedules Board, Committee, and other meetings,
- Provides administrative and coordination support for staff and Board travel,
- Makes the necessary arrangements for meetings and retreats (collaborating with other departments as necessary) including scheduling, researching and securing venues and AV, researching catering options to optimize for cost and sustainability, and supporting travel arrangements,
- Format information for internal communications – memos, emails, agendas, etc.,
- Contribute to a team culture that is positive, productive, and respectful,
- Actively evolves the support function as a partner through operational efficiencies and change advocacy,
- Work collaboratively with Operations colleagues and members of the Engagement, Communications, and Research teams to contribute to the overall success of the Institute.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Highly resourceful and proactive team-player with the ability to be extremely effective independently,
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion,
- Attention to detail and a demonstrated commitment to delivering impeccable work,
- Solid computer technical skills, ability to quickly adopt new tools and/or working with GSuite, Zoom, Slack,
- Minimum three years of experience providing executive-level support, preferably in a remote environment,
- Experience scheduling meetings and managing competing deadlines and calendars,
- Familiarity with invoicing and expense management an asset,
- Bilingual fluency in French and English is a strong asset,
- An interest in Canadian climate change policy is an asset,
- This position is eligible for four weeks’ paid vacation and health care benefits.
- We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
- Work is done in a virtual environment with Institute staff located across the country. The selected candidate would work from home and must be based and eligible to work in Canada.
About the Institute
The Canadian Climate Institute is Canada’s leading climate change policy research organization, producing the rigorous analysis and evidence-based recommendations that are needed to advance climate resilience, chart net zero pathways, and drive long-term prosperity.
Send one PDF file including a cover letter and resume outlining your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org labelled LastName_FirstName_JobPosition. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.