This event took place on September 29, 2022.
A video of this webinar is available in two formats:
Link to a Google Drive file.
This event highlighted the Institute’s research from our report Damage Control: Reducing the Costs of Climate Impacts in Canada, looking at the economic costs of climate change and the critical role of adaptation ahead of the Government of Canada’s release of the National Adaptation Strategy (NAS).
Dave Sawyer, our Principal Economist and the lead author of this macroeconomic analysis, presents the report’s findings, followed by a panel discussion with leading thinkers on adaptation policy to help equip leaders from different sectors and levels of government across the country to advocate for a strong NAS and rapid implementation of adaptation policies. The webinar provides insights into how to quickly advance adaptation policies and share expertise with an audience of policy makers and other stakeholders.
Duration: 90 minutes
Keynote address: Blaž Kurnik, Head of Climate Change Impact and Adaptation Group, European Environment Agency.
- Caroline Lee, Senior Research Associate, Canadian Climate Institute
- Rick Smith, President, Canadian Climate Institute
- Dave Sawyer, Principal Economist, Canadian Climate Institute
- Ryan Ness, Adaptation Research Director, Canadian Climate Institute
- Jimena Eyzaguirre, International Team Director and Senior Climate Change Adaptation Specialist, ESSA Technologies Ltd
- Craig Stewart, Vice-President, Federal Affairs, Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Chris Jennings, Director, Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Division, Natural Resources Canada
- Caroline Larrivée, Program Director, Ouranos