Rick Smith, President of the Canadian Climate Institute, and Caroline Lee, the Institute’s Research Lead, Mitigation, are attending COP27 and available to speak with media from November 10-16. Rick Smith et Caroline Lee sont disponibles pour des commentaires en français et en anglais.
- Rick Smith is available after being part of the International Climate Council Network’s panel on Friday, November 11 (4:15 pm local time/9.15 am EST, Canadian Pavilion) to comment on the progress the ICCN has made since its launch at COP26.
- Rick Smith is available after the “Achieving Net-Zero by 2050“ panel on November 11 (6.45 pm local time/11.45 am EST, Canadian Pavilion) and available for comment on Canada’s climate policy progress towards net zero.
- Rick Smith is available after being part of the “Circularity for Climate“ panel on November 11 (3 pm local time/8 am EST, Canada Pavilion) and available for comment on the circular economy’s role in mitigating emissions.
Other topics Rick Smith and Caroline Lee can speak to throughout COP27:
- How Canada can move from plans to implementation on emissions-reduction, and which policies will accelerate the energy transition.
- Doubling down on “safe bets”, available and affordable solutions, for the energy transition, which are ready to be deployed at speed and scale.
- Canada’s climate policy progress and the Climate Institute’s new resource, 440Megatonnes, which tracks Canada’s progress to its 2030 emissions reduction target, on the way to 2050.
- The role of climate councils and the growing International Climate Councils Network.
- Between 8am-9pm Eastern Standard Time: Catharine Tunnacliffe, Director of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or 226-212-9883
- Local time in Egypt, November 10-16: Rick Smith, President, at email@example.com
- Local time in Egypt, November 10-16: Caroline Lee, Senior Research Associate, clee@climateinstitute